Wentworth Falls is one of the most beautiful waterfalls within the Blue Mountains with one of the best & most spectacular bushwalks and views along and under cliff faces and edges.
Wentworth Falls was originally called “Weatherboard” after “Weatherboard Hut” which was constructed in 1814. About a year later the town was named “Jamison’s Valley” by Governor Macquarie but was changed to “Wentworth Falls” in 1897 after one of the three famous explores (William Charles Wentworth) that made their way across the Blue Mountains successfully.
The falls themselves are worth the walk from the carpark to Princes Rock Lookout, taking about 40 minutes return and about 230 stairs each way.
Princes Rock Lookout offers the best vantage point to see the falls.
Taking the 45 minute walk each way to Conservation Hut passes a few opportunities to drink some fresh mountain spring water from mini-waterfalls on the Undercliff Track.
This is a pleasant cafe and rest stop where you can sit out on the balcony and have a refreshing drink while still enjoying the Australian bush.